The EFF in the Free State says it views the burglary at the SABC building in Bloemfontein as a direct attack on the values of the country’s constitution.
EFF Provincial Secretary, Bosanku Msimanga says the incident is concerning as it happens after death threats were levelled against SABC journalists in Bloemfontein, in December last year.
The party has called on all those who are involved in the acts of criminality to act in a civilised manner if they feel hard done by the public broadcaster.
Msimanga has urged security agencies to up to their game and not be found wanting every time national key points are attacked.
The intruder was shot and wounded in the early hours of Sunday morning.
He was shot following the scuffle with the security. Several suspicious parcels have been seized from the suspect.
The Hawks and police’s bomb squad were called in and are investigating.
The suspect had also spray-painted corridor walls with graffiti.
Concern about National Key Points in the country
Meanwhile, the ANC in the Free State says it has noted with concern the incident at the SABC‘s premises in Bloemfontein.
ANC Interim Provincial Committee Spokesperson, Oupa Khoabane says the matter raises serious security concerns about the continuing illegal invasions of National Key Points in the country.
Khoabane says they are relieved that security was able to act promptly to arrest the perpetrator.
The ANC in the Free State is calling upon the community to be on the lookout for anyone intending to vandalise public and private properties and report it to the police.
The 27-year-old man who allegedly trespassed at the SABC premises will appear in court soon.
An intruder shot and wounded at the SABC Bloemfontein offices | Palesa Moeti updates: