Treasury has declined to comment on reports in a Sunday newspaper regarding the anticipated R3.2 billion bailout for the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) – saying the Department of Communications was better placed as a stakeholder Department to discuss the matter.
However, attempts to contact the Communications Ministry spokesperson have so far not succeeded.
The SABC says it cannot comment until the ministries themselves have spoken on the matter.
The Sunday newspaper reports that the R3.2 billion had been allocated but that Finance Minister, Tito Mboweni, provided stringent conditions.
The report says Mboweni was of the view that the public broadcaster had only met three of the seven conditions.
Watch related video below: