The Gauteng Department of Education says Hoërskool Driehoek will reopen on Monday following a structural collapse that killed four learners and injured more than twenty last week.
Learners will be hosted in temporary classrooms.
The Department says that some parts of the school were declared safe by structural engineers.
However, the Department said the school will not operate on a full scale as yet.
Meanwhile, the spokesperson for the Department of Education, Steve Mabona also had some good news regarding one of the injured learners.
“We can confirm that there is one learner that has been discharged on Thursday. We will be monitoring her very closely, but when we were interacting with her on Wednesday in the hospital she was very jovial. You could see that this one might be discharged. So we will be monitoring others, those that we see will be discharged.”
Click on video below