The family of 10 year-old Miguel Louw, who was kidnapped two weeks ago allegedly by his mother’s colleague in Sydenham south of Durban, say they want closure.
The man appeared briefly in the Durban Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday on a charge of kidnapping. He denies kidnapping Miguel.
The state has however now changed the charge to child trafficking.
CCTV footage allegedly shows the man taking Miguel to a fast food chicken outlet near the boy’s school.
The child’s grandmother Aleen Omardeen Paul says all they want is to find Miguel.
She says: “The guy took Miguel from school and took him to KFC. There is clear footage of him across from KFC, there is clear footage of him taking the child, rushing with him. He stopped at a certain Kombi and pulled Miguel into the taxi.”
She continues: “This man has been in custody from last week Saturday and he is refusing to talk. I met him personally and he did not want to talk.”