The Independent Electoral Commission says if a voter has incorrectly marked a ballot and realises it before placing it in the ballot box, they should ask the Presiding Officer for a new ballot. Once the ballot is in the box, it can’t be removed. Ensure that the incorrect ballot is marked as “cancelled”.
What if you mark a ballot paper incorrectly?
- Parts of the Northern Cape to be exempted from rolling blackouts
- Registration at Unisa closes on Friday, but management says no need to panic
- VIDEO | St Benedict College’s Matric learner gets 11 distinctions
- Limpopo matriculant from child-headed household attains diploma pass
- Female circumcision practice thriving in Eastern Cape