State-owned freight and logistics company Transnet said on Thursday that 100% of marine operations at the Port of Durban have resumed following a violent storm in KwaZulu-Natal last month.
Last month inclement weather left a trail of destruction in the country’s busiest port, the Port of Durban and surrounding areas. The storm disrupted marine, terminal and rail operations in the Port of Durban and surrounding areas, but with no fatalities reported.
As a result the disaster was declared a provincial disaster.
On Thursday, Transnet said the railway Natal Corridor line was now fully operational. The Durban complex has also returned to normality on the Natal Corridor with all trains operating according to the Integrated Train Plan schedule.
However, the South Coast line was yet to return to full operation.
Transnet said that thorough assessments were still ongoing, with evaluators being on site since October 12, 2017.