Fighting died down at 5 pm and a Palestinian official briefed on the negotiations said Gaza factions ceased firing as part of a deal proposed by Egypt. Israeli officials confirmed Cairo had been involved in Tuesday’s arrangement.
The Palestinian ministry named the dead man as Mohammed Bisharat, 21, and said he had taken a bullet to the chest.
Israeli police said on Saturday they were investigating the death of a Palestinian woman in the occupied West Bank, after her husband said he suspected Israeli settlers had pelted their car with rocks.
Israeli authorities on Wednesday approved plans for more than 1,000 settlement homes in the occupied West Bank, the Peace Now NGO said, the latest in a raft of approvals since US President Donald Trump took office.
The United Nations humanitarian agency responsible for the Palestinian refugees announced it would cut jobs in the Gaza Strip and West Bank following budget cuts imposed by the United States.