Authorities repatriated the relatives of two people who died of Ebola in Uganda back to the Democratic Republic of Congo on Thursday, including a three-year-old boy confirmed to be suffering from the disease, the Ugandan health minister said.
A 50-year-old woman who tested positive for Ebola in Uganda has died, a health ministry official told AFP Thursday, the second fatality since the virus spread from neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo.
A five-year-old boy who tested positive for Ebola in Uganda has died, a health ministry official told AFP Wednesday as two of his family members also tested positive for the virus after a visit to neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo.
Uganda has confirmed its first case of Ebola during the current outbreak, a 5-year-old Congolese child who is receiving care after arriving from the Democratic Republic of Congo, the World Health Organisation said on Tuesday.
The DR Congo’s health ministry said late Monday that it had recorded more than 2 000 cases of Ebola, two-thirds of which had been fatal, since the disease broke out in the country’s east 10 months ago.