Minister in the Presidency, Mondli Gungubele says the State Capture Commission will hand over the first part of its report to President Cyril Ramaphosa on Tuesday.
Gungubele was briefing the media on the outcomes of the cabinet meeting which was held on Thursday.
He touched on a number of issues including the lifting of the curfew and how they have beefed up security for Emeritus Archbishop Desmond Tutu’s funeral in Cape Town on Saturday.
Gungubele says the report was supposed to be handed over on Friday, but due to the national mourning of Tutu it had to be postponed.
He says, “In its submission to the court, the commission indicated that it will submit its report to the president in three parts. The first will be submitted at the end of December 2021, the second at the end of January 2022 and the last at the end of January 2022.”
Earlier this month, National Director of Public Prosecutions Advocate Shamila Batohi said that they are investigating many cases emanating from the Commission of Inquiry into State Capture hearings.
Addressing the media in Pretoria, she said the institution is resourced enough to prosecute high-profile people in complex cases.
Batohi says, “In the past two years, the unit has been able to enroll about 18 cases, 70% being criminal cases that are still being ventilated in court. While the balance relates to forfeiture civil recovery matters. The ID has also been dealing with Eskom matters but focusing on the Kusile Power Station.”
“It has been able to obtain and confirm a R1 billion restrain in that respect and obtained unlimited restrain orders against the assets of the Gupta family through the company Island as well as the cases of Lulana Investment,” she said.
NDPP Adv. Shamila Batohi media briefing: