A second person has died following the fire that broke out at Durban informal settlement at the weekend.
At least 2000 people were left homeless when a fire broke out in the Foreman Road informal settlement in Durban’s Springfield area. A candle that fell over is believed to have caused Saturday night’s fire.
KwaZulu-Natal chairperson of the shack dwellers movement Abahlali BaseMjondolo, Mqapheli Bonono says Eric Mpanza who is believed to be from Mozambique died in hospital on Monday.
“So I would like to express that the government, it can also come and take part to help, because as we get those thing the father is from another country. Let’s see how the funeral can take place,” says Mpanza.
Click here to watch a related video: