Seven men accused of the murder of Zimbabwean national Elvis Nyathi are expected to be back in the Randburg Magistrate’s Court on Monday to make a formal bail application.
Nyathi was beaten and burnt to death in Diepsloot earlier in April.
The seven men face charges of murder, attempted murder, kidnapping, robbery with aggravating circumstances, assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm and extortion.
The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) says although 14 arrests had initially been made, they are confident that the seven men before the court are the correct accused.
The state intends to oppose bail.
ZANU-PF in SA condemns the murder
ZANU-PF in South Africa has condemned the murder.
The party has called on the South African government and the ruling party to seek lasting solutions to high numbers of crimes in communities.
It says law enforcement agencies should bring to book those committing crimes in the communities regardless of their nationalities.
The party says it reiterates that it doesn’t condone any criminality by any of the Zimbabwean nationals.
The Nyathi family has since been evacuated out of the area to a place of safety.
ZANU-PF’s SA spokesperson Kennedy Mandaza has pleaded with South Africans, especially the people of Diepsloot, to respect the rule of law.
The video below is the full interview with Kennedy Mandaza: