The SABC’s executive management has requested a full report on the incident in which SAfm radio show host Sakina Kamwendo was taken off air on Friday.
The Forum@8 hosts was removed halfway through the allotted hour after she made a number of allegations about her contract. Music was played for the remainder of the show.
The SABC has refuted claims that kamwendo’s contract has been terminated at the public broadcaster.
SABC Chief Operations Officer Chris Maroleng says on Twitter that a new contract had been signed with Kamwendo for a new time slot.
Maroleng says the executive is surprised at the turn of events. He says the public broadcaster has allowed SAfm management to make decisions in line with their delegated authority and the decision to remove Kamwendo was made by station management and not the Executive.
SABC spokesperson, Kaizer Kganyago says, “Executive management of the SABC has noted with concern the incident that occurred on the programme Forum@8 on SAfm yesterday, and to that effect the executive management has requested for a full report on the incident so that we get to the bottom of this and understand what really happened and why.”