Acting Minister in the Presidency, Khumbudzo Ntshavheni says police are tracing eleven alleged instigators of the violent looting in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng.

This follows the arrest of one suspect and twelve have so far been identified.

The number of deaths, as a result of the ongoing violence in the two provinces now stands at 117.

In KwaZulu-Natal (KZN), 91 people have lost their lives while in Gauteng there are 26 people who have died so far.

Another mall up in flames in Durban:

Ntshavheni briefed the media in Pretoria on Thursday on what government has done so far in quelling the riots.

“The question around the 12 alleged instigators –  we want to report that one is already in custody, and the SAPS (South African Police Service) tracking team has increased the surveillance of the remaining 11.”

Meanwhile, the African National Congress (ANC) caucus in Parliament says the party supports government’s efforts to strengthen its response to the ongoing violence.

The party held an emergency caucus meeting of all its members in Parliament, to respond to the violent incidents of the past few days in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng.

Chief Whip Pemmy Majodina says MPs will work with communities in their constituencies to ensure that looting and the destruction of property are stopped.

Majodina has called on South Africans to stand up and stop the country from burning.

SA working to keep its borders with the rest of Africa open: