President Cyril Ramaphosa says Part One of the report into State Capture will be made available by Tuesday evening. Ramaphosa made the announcement during the official handover of the first part of the report at the Union Buildings a short while ago.
Last week, the Pretoria High Court granted Acting Chief Justice Raymond Zondo an extension for the submission of the full report.
The second part of the report will be given to the President at the end of the month while the final submission will be made at the end of February.
The State Capture Commission was established in 2018 by then-President Jacob Zuma following the recommendations in the then Public Protector Thuli Madonsela’s State Capture report, compelling Zuma to take action.
President’s address during handover of report:
Ramaphosa says the report belongs to all the South Africans who fought for the establishment of the Commission.
“The people of South Africa fought for the establishment of the Commission and they have also closely observed the proceedings of the Commission and have the greatest interest in the outcome of Justice Zondo’s Commission’s report. I have therefore decided to release to the public each part of the Commission’s report immediately after its submission to me. The first part of the Commission report will therefore be available on the Presidency website within the next few hours.”
State Capture Commission Report Handover: