South African U23 coach, David Notoane, has named a 25-man squad for the UAE tournament, which will take place from the 5th to the 11th June 2021.
The SA junior national team will face off against Brazil, Korea and Argentina in preparation of the Tokyo Olympics which will kick off on the 22nd of July until the 8th of August.
Amaglug-glug have been drawn in Group A of the Olympic Games together with hosts Japan who they play on 22 July at the Tokyo Stadium and France who they meet at Saitama Stadium on 25 July.
The final group match for the U23s will be against Mexico at the Sapporo Dome on July 28.
“The upcoming camp in Dubai is one that kick-starts our preparations for the Olympic Games. It is also aimed at integrating our foreign based players to see what they can bring into the group in terms of increasing the team quality and addressing key challenging positions,” says Notoane.
“We hope that we can get all the players that we require to integrate them during this vital preparation camp against Brazil, Korea and Argentina. It will also give us a good measure in terms of the level of our players’ state of preparedness for the Tokyo Olympics later in July.’’
Notoane was one of the coaches considered for the position is that of SA U23 coach, which was last week filled with former Bafana Bafana midfielder, Helman Mkhalele.
Bafana coach, Hugo Broos, said after meeting both Mkhalele and Notoane, he chose not to appoint the latter in order to ensure the continuous development of players to the senior national team from the SAU23 side.
- MondliMpoto (Bloemfontein Celtic FC)
- Lincoln Vyver (Cape Town Spurs FC)
- Ricardo Goss (Mamelodi Sundowns FC)
- TerciousMalepe (FC Minaj, Ukraine)
- KatlegoMohamme (University of Pretoria FC)
- Thendo Mukumela (Cape Town Spurs FC)
- Luke Fleurs (SupersportUnited FC)
- Bongani Sam (Orlando Pirates FC)
- Keanu Cupido (Cape Town City FC)
- KamogeloMahlangu (TS Galaxy FC)
- Luke Le Roux (VarbergsBoISFC, Sweden)
- Thabo Cele (Cova da Piedade, Portugal)
- Khanya Leshabela(Liecester City FC, England)
- Athenkosi Dlala (University of Pretoria FC)
- Neo Gift Links (Aarhus GF, Denmark)
- Kobamelo Kodisang (Sporting Braga FC, Portugal)
- Nkosingiphile Ngcobo (Kaizer Chiefs FC)
- Sphephelo Sithole (Os Belenenses AD, Portugal)
- Promise Mkhuma(Mamelodi Sundowns FC)
- Fagrie Lakay (Cape Town City)
- Siyabonga Ligendza(Cardiff City FC, England)
- Luther Singh (FC Pacos de Ferreira, Portugal)
- Keletso Makgalwa (Mamelodi Sundowns FC)
- Lyle Foster (Vitoria Guimares FC, Portugal)
- Liam Jordan (FC Helsingor, Denmark)