All six suspects accused of murdering five policemen and a soldier at the Ngcobo Police Station in February have abandoned their bail applications.
Three of the six previously withdrew their applications, but three were to have lodged arguments for bail at the Magistrate’s Court on Monday.
The remaining three have since abandoned their bail applications.
A packed Ngcobo courtroom with locals all showing huge interest in the case.
The investigating officer told the court the accused shouldn’t be given bail as the evidence against them was incriminating.
But in a turn of events, the men chose not to apply for bail.
The accused appeared relaxed and sometimes smiled at each other.
They made a number of requests to see a doctor, and get toiletries while others wanted to speak to their family members who were present in court.
The investigating officer said the accused should not be granted bail as the case against them was very strong.
He added that there was massive public outrage about the shootings and that the stolen police firearms had been hidden in the church yard where they stayed.
They will be remanded in custody until the 7th May when the case resumes.
Related video click below: