A press statement was issued by paralympian, Oscar Pistorius’s family and legal team on Wednesday in attempt to forestall a pending news report, apparently relating to electronic communications devices.
“We are not sure of the allegations which are to be made or the source of such allegations, but we are not aware of any deletions having been affected by Oscar or effected on his instructions that could be relevant to this trial or could have impacted on this trial,” they said.
Last month, Pistorius was acquitted on the charge of murdering his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, whom he shot dead through a locked toilet door at his Pretoria home on Valentine’s Day last year.
He said he mistook her for an intruder.
Pistorius was instead found guilty of culpable homicide.
In the trial, a police cellphone expert testified about an iPad2 and an iPad3 found at Pistorius’s house.
The website browser history on the iPad3 included “free mobile porn” and used car websites.
The relevance of the communications from Oscar’s phones, iPad and laptop was properly dealt with by the court and ultimately played no role in the matter, this having been found by the court
According to the time next to the history, the porn website was accessed at 6.30 pm on February 13, 2013.
After that, the iPad was used to browse auto trader, used car websites and to search for cars, including the Ford Ranger and Aston Martin Rapide R.
Cellphone expert Colonel Mike Sale testified that according to data on the iPad3 and an iPad2 found on the scene the histories had the same type of content.
He said the web history before February 13, 2013 was deleted.
The Pistorius family and legal team said on Wednesday: “As far as we are aware all relevant communications were put before the court.
“The relevance of the communications from Oscar’s phones, iPad and laptop was properly dealt with by the court and ultimately played no role in the matter, this having been found by the court.”
Click below to watch judgement handed down on Pistorius.