Sports Minister Nathi Mthethwa has announced that Cricket South Africa (CSA) has been provided a notice of government intervention.
In a statement, the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture says efforts have been made over several months to try and assist CSA to stabilise its governance matters.
— Masechaba Khumalo 🇿🇦 (@MasechabaNdlovu) October 14, 2020
Mthethwa says the CSA has until the 27th of October to make written representations before the start of government intervention.
The department’s spokesperson is Masechaba Khumalo says, “He [the minister] has given CSA a certain time frame to stipulate as to why he should not exercise his decision to intervene. What that intervention means will be communicated by the minister himself. Everybody should be worried.”
In the video below, SASCOC reiterates its calls for CSA Board to step down:
“Cricket is a loved sport and we want to get it back in play with following strict health protocols. With that said, we have to abide by the law and ensure that we prevent the spread of the coronavirus. We don’t make the laws but we have to uphold them,” adds Khumalo.
— Cricket South Africa (@OfficialCSA) October 9, 2020
Last month, Cricket South Africa‘s woes continued when Sascoc, which oversees all sport in the country, decided it was time to step in.
But CSA isn’t sitting back and accepting the intervention.
CSA statement on SASCOC resolutions 👇 pic.twitter.com/Lo5DtBxrJq
— Cricket South Africa (@OfficialCSA) September 10, 2020
The video below, is reporting that all CSA board members should resign: