A 40-year-old man will appear in the Pretoria Magistrate’s court on Friday morning, on charges of the attempted murder of a homeless man.
The man was arrested on Wednesday night.
He is charged with the assault of a homeless man who claimed to have escaped the killer of five homeless men in the Muckleneuk area earlier this month.
The police says they took statements of two homeless men who were attacked before the killings started.
Spokesperson Kay Makhubela says the murder and assault cases are not linked, but the police are investigating all possibilities.
“I can confirm the police arrested a 40-year-old man after the complainant came to the police station in Sunnyside and reported the matter that he stabbed him and then the police traced the suspect and he was arrested. He will appear in court this (Friday) morning on charges of attempted murder. We are going to make sure we investigate all the angles of the case but at the moment it’s a separate case of the issue of the murder.”
Click on related videos below: