The family of slain former ANC Youth League Secretary-General Sindiso Magaqa has expressed frustration at yet another postponement in the trial of four men accused of his killing.
The trial of four men accused of killing Magaqa has been transferred to the High Court in Pietermaritzburg.
The matter had been set down for trial from Monday, 14 October to November the 8th.
The case was heard in the High Court sitting in Scottsburgh on the KwaZulu-Natal south coast earlier on Monday.
The judge did not give reasons for transferring the case to another court.
Magaqa was attacked in 2017. The former ANCYL leader was taken to hospital, but succumbed to his injuries after almost two months in hospital.
The case has been dogged with several delays as three of the accused were not properly represented.
Sindiso’s uncle Lwazi Magaqa says they want justice.
“We were expecting that today this case is going to be discussed and finalised in order that the culprits get what they deserve. But surprisingly, the judge said she’s going to take this to the Pietermaritzburg High Court from the 14th of April to 15 May 2020. 7 months delaying period … I don’t know that is going to happen within this 7 months just because this is very much disturbing, more especially to Sindiso’s mother. She wants those people to get what they deserve.”