African National Congress (ANC) Chairperson in the Eastern Cape, Oscar Mabuyane says they are not fazed by the constant court challenges questioning their legitimacy since they took over office some six months ago.
The latest of those was heard by the Johannesburg High Court Monday, over the S’bu Ndebele report which calls for the party’s provincial leadership to be disbanded.
The leadership was elected in a chaotic and violent conference in East London, last year September.
The battle for the control of ANC in the Eastern Cape won’t go away even after eight months of structuring.
A political analyst has painted a number of possible scenarios for the endless challenges – as well as a scenario on how the party nationally can deal with the matter, from a possible proxy war to bolster those in the fight back strategy.
To challenge even the national conference and a possible legitimate call for political justice.
Political analyst Ongama Mtimka says: “I think the most likely outcome is that they might just leave things as they are because from a reshuffle point of view, they’ve retained the premier and may not be agitations that are Eastern Cape based. That is assuming that this is used as a proxy war.”
Party leadership in the province says it is focused on its work and confident of the support on the ground.
Provincial chairperson says the challenges do not surprise them anymore.
Oscar Mabuyane says: “Now you are able to predict them, every time there’s a NEC meeting to come, there’s a new court case to come. This clearly speaks to the plotting to collapse and destabilise the province. Something that will be coordinated somewhere by those who are involved and very soon they’ll be exposed.”
A member of the disgruntled group says they are seeking the implementation of the Ndebele report by the NEC, which resides in Luthuli House, hence the matter is being heard in the Gauteng High court.
Related video click below: