The Department of Labour in Gauteng says they will be conducting their own investigation of the SABC’s Radio Park building on Tuesday.

This follows last week’s diesel spillage, which resulted in the building being evacuated.

On Sunday, Johannesburg Emergency Services declared the building safe for occupation.

However on Monday, several employees had to be sent home after suffering from headaches and nausea as a result of inhaling the diesel fumes.

Gauteng Department of Labour spokesperson Meshack Magakwe says the SABC has not yet reported the incident to them.

“The incident was not reported to the department of labour as required by the legislation. What we do know is that it has been brought to our attention, we will send an inspector to go and do the investigation.”

“We will immediately dispatch a team to go and inspect because the SABC was supposed to report the incident within seven days to the department of labour.”

Related video click below: