Brazil play South Korea in the last 16 at the World Cup in Doha on Monday.
When: Monday, 5 December, Kick-Off at 21:00
Where: Stadium 974, Doha
Brazil win: 2/9
South Korea win: 14/1
* Brazil go into the knockout stage after group-stage wins over Serbia and Switzerland but they lost 1-0 to Cameroon on Friday when the South Americans were already qualified for the next round and rested most of their regular starters.
* South Korea staged a dramatic come-back 2-1 win over Portugal on Friday, with an added-time goal by Hwang Hee-chan, to make it into the last 16. They had won only one of their previous 11 World Cup matches.
* Brazil forward Neymar remains a doubt for Monday’s match as he tries to recover from an ankle injury.
* Brazil, unbeaten in qualifying for Qatar, have won the World Cup a record five times and are favourites to do it again at the tournament in 2022.
* Brazil have played in every World Cup since 1930 but have not reached the final since they last won the title in 2002.
* South Korea are the only Asian country to have reached the semi-finals of the World Cup, when they were co-hosts in 2002. On the other occasion they made it out of the group stage, they lost in the Round of 16 to Uruguay 2-1 in 2010.
* The two sides have met seven times previously, but never at a World Cup, with Brazil winning on six occasions and South Korea once, in a friendly in 1999. In a friendly in June this year played in Seoul, Brazil won 5-1.
🏆𝗘𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗚𝗹𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗔 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗖𝘂𝗽 𝗤𝗮𝘁𝗮𝗿 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟮🏆
— SABC Sport (@SABC_Sport) December 5, 2022