Kaizer Chiefs suffers third defeat in a row in DSTV Premiership

Reading Time: 3 minutes

Kaizer Chiefs have suffered their third defeat in a row in the DSTV Premiership. Amakhosi lost 2-1 to Golden Arrows in Durban earlier this afternoon, despite having scored first early in the opening half.

Chiefs are now without a win in four matches having scored just a single goal in three hundred and sixty minutes of football..

This was a catch up match for Chiefs after failing to honour two league fixtures in December due to a massive COVID-19 outbreak at the Soweto club.

Kaizer Chiefs were under pressure to salvage some pride after suffering two losses in row.

Amakhosi lost to SuperSport United by a solitary goal, before losing by the same scoreline against Stellenbosch FC  this past weekend.

Chiefs who still have the ambition of finishing in the top three could not afford to suffer their third loss in a row.
On the other hand Arrows were chasing to register a rare double against Chiefs, a side they beat away in Johannesburg last month.

Abafana Besthende are fighting hard to finish in the top eight bracket and replicate their form from last season.

Both sides are under the guidance of caretaker coaches after they recently parted ways with their respective coaches.
Chiefs and Arrows have failed to win a match in their past three outings. Both sides tested each other in the opening stages of the encounter.

Zimbabwean Khama Billiat broke the deadlock as early as the 18th minute after a brilliant combination with Colombian Leonardo Castro.

Amakhosi played with a lot of confidence in search of more goals in the opening half. But the home-side did not look intimidated as they pushed for an equaliser.

Arrows keeper Sifiso Mlungwana had to receive some medical attention after being fouled by Castro in the 33rd minute.

The homeside had the Chiefs defence on their toes towards the end of the first half, as they were in search of an equaliser.

It was still 1-nil at the break. The visitors continued where they left off early in the second half.

Arrows finally found the equaliser through substitute Siboniso Conco in the 60th minute after a blunder by defender Njabulo Ngcobo.

Minutes later Ngcobo gave another ball away, and that nearly gave Arrows their second goal of the match.

Then it did not take long for Ngcobo to make way for fellow defender Daniel Cardoso, but the KwaZulu-Natal-born player was not happy to be substituted and did not want to shake hands with his coach.

Chiefs did not give up as they were in search of a winning goal late in the second half.

But it was Arrows who managed to grab the winner through Nduduzo Sibiya three minutes before regulation time exposing the Chiefs defence.