The Electoral Commission (IEC) has introduced changes to cater for voters with special needs ahead of the 2019 national and provincial elections.
The introduced changes with see a modification on the traditional cardboard Universal Ballot Templates (UBTs) to fit the newly designed 2019 national and provincial ballot papers, of which there are 8 different lengths.
See the detailed breakdown below:
- National ballot template for 48 parties
- Gauteng template for 36 parties
- Limpopo and Western Cape templates for 34 parties each
- KwaZulu-Natal template for 31 parties
- North West template for 29 parties
- Free State and Mpumalanga templates for 28 parties each
- Eastern Cape template for 26 parties
- Northern Cape template for 21 parties.
The IEC says the redesigning of the ballot paper is made to simplify voting for voters.