Police have opened inquest dockets following the discovery of five bodies at Angelo Squatter Camp, near Boksburg on Gauteng’s East Rand.
The decomposed bodies of the five men were found by a passerby on an open veld on Saturday, who then alerted police.
Police believe the men were killed at a nearby disused mine.
Police spokesperson Kay Makhubele says an inquest docket has been opened.
He says: “So far, we are appealing to anyone who might know where the bodies were coming from before they were dumped in that area to come forward. We want to trace what exactly happened.”