The Congress of the People (COPE), led by Mosioua Lekota, launched its 2021 Local Government Elections manifesto Kempton Park, east of Johannesburg, on Friday, 24 September 2021.
In the 2019 general elections, COPE received over 47 000 votes, securing only 2 seats in Parliament.
COPE Manifesto priorities
The party’s manifesto comprises of a plan on what it can offer if it gains seats after the municipal polls, with focus on:
- Economic inclusion
- Affordable energy
- Affordable, safe and reliable transport
- Upgrading every municipality’s sewerage system
- Addressing the climate emergency
- Waste management and the need to create a circular economy
- Neighbourhood policing and safety
Read the full COPE 2021 Local Government Elections Manifesto:
-Compiled by Paballo Lephaka, SABC Digital News Producer
-Source – COPE Manifesto