The public broadcaster in partnership with the Department of Basic Education calls on matriculants to register on the SABC’s 2019 matric results service in order to get their final examination results.
At least 790 405 matric learners sat for the 2019 examinations.
Basic Education Minister Angie Motshekga is expected to announce the results on the 07 January 2020 and SABC Education will release the matric results to all learners across all nine provinces who registered on its database on the morning of 08 January 2020.
Acting SABC Spokesperson Mmoni Seapolelo says all Grade 12 learners are eligible to use the SABC’s 2019 matric results service from 05 December 2019 until 31 January 2020.
“Learners are advised to register on one of SABC Education matric results mobile services to access their results and should use their 13 digits ID number and exam number to register on the platform of their choice to access their results.
In 2018, more than +/-400 000 students received results via the SABC Education SMS and USSD services.”
Learners are encouraged to register on the following mobile services to receive their 2019 matric results:
- Download the MatricsMate App for free from Google Play and Apple App Stores
- You will need your 13 digits ID number and exam number to register
- You will be able to view your results on the app as soon as they are available
- SMS your exam number to 45856
- The system verifies the exam number; your exam number must be correct in order to be accepted.
- Learners will be charged R1-50 per SMS, free SMSes do not apply
- Dial *120*45856# enter exam number to register
- You will be charged R1-50 per minute
- Results will be sent to your phone as soon as they are available
Learners are also encouraged to contact the matric results centre on 011 507 4630 should they have any queries relating to registration. The centre is opened Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm, however, on the day of the release of the results; the call centre will operate from 6am to 5pm.