The case involving a family-law advocate and acting judge accused of sexually assaulting a five-year-old child has been postponed in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court.
He is accused of sexually grooming the child of a family friend between 2004 and 2010.
The matter has been postponed to March 19 for representations to the Director of Public Prosecutions.
The family of the alleged victim says they’re disappointed at another delay.
Father of the alleged victim says: “It’s been 16 years since my daughter fell prey to this man’s rape and molestation and sexual grooming. He was arrested in 2016, since then he and his defence team have been playing delaying tactics.”
“He is a prominent person, they know the system and the loophole they had from 2019 to put everything on the table and go to trial, then again today they found a way to get a postponement.”