Case against a man accused of killing seven Limpopo women postponed  

Reading Time: 2 minutes

Limpopo’s accused serial murderer had his case postponed to 12 April in the Seshego Magistrate’s Court near Polokwane in Limpopo. The accused Prince Dube aged 36, faces multiple counts of murder, rape, and kidnapping.

He is accused of killing seven women in and around Polokwane between August and November last year. The women’s bodies were discovered in various sites.

An angry crowd protested outside court. They were calling for the court not to grant bail to the accused serial murderer, Dube.

Dube is accused of killing seven women and dumping their bodies in the Mankweng, Seshego, Polokwane, and Westernburg areas.

During his appearance, Dube abandoned his bail application. The case was then postponed.

The protesters are calling for a harsh sentence against the accused.

The protesters’ spokesperson Thabitha Kganyago says Dube committed crimes against the nation.

“Dube’s crime is a crime against our nation. It is a horrific crime and we are deeply hurt. Our nation is still in shock because of his crimes. He has left many families divided and without breadwinners.”

The remains of five of the seven victims were positively identified and released to their families for burial. The families of the victims have expressed disappointment about the postponement. They say they want the matter to be finalised.

“The fact that they have postponed the case does not sit well with us. We are busy wasting our resources coming here. We just wish that the case can just conclude so that justice can be served. We are not happy at all with what’s happening. We are not happy with the case being remanded,” says one of the family members.

Those who discovered the bodies were shocked: 

National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) Spokesperson Mashudu Malabi-Dzhangi says the case was postponed as the state is still awaiting DNA results from some of the victims.

“The alleged serial killer Prince Dube briefly appeared at the Seshego Magistrate’s Court, the case has been postponed for further investigations and for us to obtain the DNA results.”

The accused serial murderer has been remanded in custody.

Meanwhile, the community members have vowed to protest each time the accused appears in court.