Four of the eight men who stand accused of hatching and executing the murder plot of CityMed Day Hospital managing director Louis Siemens will know their fate on Wednesday.
The accused applied for bail under section 49G through the Correctional Services Act after being incarcerated for more than two years.
The High Court in Bloemfontein is expected to deliver judgment on their bail application.
Siemens was gunned down in the basement parking lot of Preller Square in May 2018.
The accused, who applied for bail, include alleged mastermind Stanley Bakili, SAPS member Molebatsi Mogoera, court orderly Kagiso Chabane and former military man Clive Tshivenga.
The other three accused have since been released on bail.
The fifth accused Mojalefa Molusi, who is a repeat offender, is not affected by the Act because he’s in custody on a separate criminal case.
In a court appearance last year, convicted murderer Xolisile Mbebetho says he was betrayed by Bakili after killing Siemens.
He turned State witness and was sentenced to 22 years for admitting to Siemens’ murder.
Mbebetho told the court that there was a communication break down between him and Bakili: