The ANC in Gauteng says it is not aware that the e-toll contract has been extended, saying this is an issue dealt with by national government. The party responded to the DA’s accusation that the ANC is misleading the public.

At a media briefing in Johannesburg on Thursday, the DA’s Gauteng Premier Candidate, and Tshwane Mayor Solly Msimanga accused the ANC of lying to the public by making people to believe that the e-toll contract was coming to an end last year December.

Gauteng ANC spokesperson Tasneem Motara says, “The DA is extremely opportunistic by saying that should they win, the province of Gauteng in 2019 general elections, they will then remove e-tolls, because provincial government does not have that competency. We are not aware as the ANC of an extension of a contract.”

Click related video below: