Ajax Cape Town have confirmed that they will apply for an interdict to halt the start of the new Premier Soccer League season next month.
The Urban Warriors CEO, Ari Efstathiou, on Tuesday said they will also oppose the PSL’s leave to appeal Judge Denise Fisher’s setting aside of the arbitration ruling in the eligibility case of Tendai Ndoro that had seen Ajax relegated at the end of last season.
Fisher ruled earlier this month that the arbitration award of Advocate William Mokhari should be set aside as the correct forum to hear the matter was the FIFA’s Player Status Committee.
In response, PSL Chairman Irvin Khoza announced last week that the League would start as scheduled even though the Ndoro saga had not been finalised.
The ball is now back in Ajax’s court and today they responded.
“So Ajax will be following the course of action. Firstly, we will oppose the application for the leave to appeal. Secondly, Ajax will launch an application with Section 18 to be heard simultaneously with the application for leave to appeal. If the leave is granted, Ajax will ask Judge Fisher that her order will be in effect. Thirdly Ajax will seek relief to interdict the immense of the new PSL season,” said Ajax Cape Town CEO, Ari Efstathiou.
Efstatiou also claims that the PSL’s eight member executive committee is conflicted, with the club owners all members of the Exco.
Advocate Mokhari stripped Ajax of the points gained and awarded the matches 3 nil to their opponents.
This after Ajax fielded Ndoro, his third club of the 2017/18 season, initially in error and then with the support of the DRC.
Judge Fisher then set aside the Mokhari ruling and said the only body to rule on the matter is the FIFA’s Player Status Committee.