At just before 07:00 this morning, 12% of the local government votes have been counted nationally, which translates into 2874 of the 23 148 Voting Districts completed. 155 of the 4468 wards and 1 of 213 municipalities have been completed. Most voting stations closed at 21:00 last night, while others that experienced long queues accommodated those voters before starting the count.
12% of the National Vote counted
- Parts of the Northern Cape to be exempted from rolling blackouts
- Registration at Unisa closes on Friday, but management says no need to panic
- VIDEO | St Benedict College’s Matric learner gets 11 distinctions
- Limpopo matriculant from child-headed household attains diploma pass
- Female circumcision practice thriving in Eastern Cape