The Social Security Agency ( SASSA) says it has so far paid around 1.9 million applicants of the R350 COVID-19 Relief Grant. As the country continues with the nationwide lockdown coupled with increasing numbers of virus infections and deaths, many businesses and citizens are feeling the effects of reduced economic activity.
The relief grant will run until October and there is no cut off date to apply. SASSA spokesperson, Paseka Letsatsi says they are aware of those who feel aggrieved for having been denied and the agency will embark on a review process of all failed applications.
“Over the past two to three weeks or so out of the number of about 7 million applications as of the 22nd of June we had about approved applications of about 3.2 million those who did not make it failed applications of about 3.2 million and payments which were processed and debited its about 1.9 million. About 61% of the approved applications, the number of people who made an application was about 7.1 million. We are aware of the fact that they are people who are aggrieved we said that there must be internal review mechanisms quickly so that we can be able to vouch for the information with other relevant government entities.”
In the video below, reports on SASSA’s R350 relief fund:
COVID-19 R350 social relief grant explained:
— SASSA (@OfficialSASSA) June 18, 2020
— SASSA (@OfficialSASSA) May 29, 2020