Forces loyal to Libya’s unity government announced Saturday a counter-attack against military strongman Khalifa Haftar’s fighters, as clashes south of the capital Tripoli intensified.
At least 205 people have been killed and more than 900 wounded in the battle for control of the Libyan capital Tripoli, the World Health Organization said Thursday.
A British-drafted resolution presented to the UN Security Council demands an immediate ceasefire in Libya after forces loyal to warlord Khalifa Haftar launched an offensive on Tripoli, according to the text obtained by AFP on Tuesday.
The International Criminal Court’s chief prosecutor Tuesday warned she “would not hesitate” to broaden her investigation into Libya war crimes amid intensified fighting near the capital Tripoli which killed at least 174.
Fighting near Tripoli has killed 121 people and wounded 561 since strongman Khalifa Haftar launched an offensive earlier this month to take the Libyan capital, the World Health Organization said on Sunday.