Students at the Tyelimhlophe Agricultural School in the Eastern Cape are raising the issue of overcrowding in hostels. This as a student died in a hostel fire on Friday.
Four men have died in three separate fires across Cape Town during Saturday night.
Eastern Cape Social Development MEC Siphokazi Mani-Lusithi says her department will assist with the funeral arrangements of seven family members who died in a house fire at Ciko village in Willowvale last week.
Police said the fierce blaze appeared to have been started deliberately but there was no immediate information on a possible motive.
All eleven employees who were hospitalised after a fire broke out at one of the South African Broadcasting Corporations’ (SABC) canteens in Auckland Park, Johannesburg, have been discharged from hospital.