So far, 1,790 people have died of the dreaded haemorrhagic virus since the first cases were recorded on August 1 last year.
A quarter of people surveyed in Democratic Republic of Congo’s Ebola hotspots believed the virus was not real, a study said on Wednesday, as the world’s second-biggest outbreak spreads.
The number of cases in a nearly eight-month-old epidemic of Ebola in eastern DR Congo now exceeds 1 000, almost two-thirds of whom have died, the health ministry said late Sunday.
The head of the Roman Catholic Church in Congo on Tuesday condemned a crackdown on protests against President Joseph Kabila as “barbarism”.
Up to 33 people were feared dead Sunday in the Democratic Republic of Congo after a freight train carrying fuel plunged into a ravine.