Nineteen people still missing two days after a Somali militant attack on a Nairobi hotel and office complex that killed 21 people are now accounted for, the Kenyan Red Cross said on Thursday.
Al-Shabaab has claimed responsibility for the terror attack in Nairobi in which scores of people were killed and injured.
The Kenya Red Cross says 50 people believed to have been in a hotel and office complex that was attacked by gunmen in Nairobi, are still unaccounted for. So far, 14 people have been confirmed dead.
Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta says his country will not allow terrorists to derail its efforts to build a secure and prosperous nation.
More than 12 hours after the assault began at Nairobi’s upscale 14 Riverside Drive complex, bursts of gunfire and blasts were heard in the area, undermining government assurances everything was under control.