African National Congress (ANC) National Spokesperson Pule Mabe has been cleared of sexual harassment charges and is set to return to work at Luthuli House on Tuesday.

Last year, Mabe’s Personal Assistant (PA) accused him of sexual harassment, and detailed the matter in a letter of complaint to the organisation.

A final report from the panel within the party, which was dealing with the charges internally, has released the report with recommendations.

ANC Acting Spokesperson Dakota Lekgoete says the party has accepted the panel’s recommendation, which includes clearing him of the charges.

“Both employees have been ordered as part of the recommendations to immediately go back to work as early as tomorrow. Then what will happen is that each one of them will go back to their positions. The one of the staff member – it’s of a Personal Assistant – that one will be decided by management in terms of what cause of action will be taken, but all of them are ordered to go back to work,” says Lekgoete.

Watch related video below for more on the story: