He says he is unhappy with the progress of the building of the treatment plant.
The project at the plant had been suspended by locals who were allegedly promised jobs by former Water and Sanitation Minister, Nomvula Mokonyane.
Mabuza addressed angry residents outside the sewer project and committed to a meeting with the Deputy Water and Sanitation Minister on Monday to address their concerns.
He says he will return to the area in two weeks to check on the progress.
“We need to move a bit faster. The capacity that this treatment plant can handle is very low. We need to fix a lot of things before it’s 100 percent functional. Of couse there are still spillages in the household that must be fixed. The contractor has been appointed; the contractor should start very soon. I think we are going to see more and more progress. We are going to release some money to support them to do their work.”