The Gauteng Education MEC Panyaza Lesufi has given the assurance that the department’s 2020 online registration process is ready.
The Online admissions for grades 1 and 8 for next year has been resolved and will go live on Monday at 8am closing on the 22 of July.
The halted Gauteng online applications are set to proceed after legal disputes had caused postponements last week.
Applications for learners in grades one and eight were abruptly stopped last Sunday, following complaints from some organisations about the new feeder zones and language regulations in the province.
They included the Federation of Governing Bodies of South Africa which on Thursday said that it was giving the go-ahead for applications to start.
Briefing the media on Sunday, Lesufi has urged parents to familiarise themselves with the system. He says struggling parents will be assisted.
“We’ll provide access tomorrow that is why we are sending all our officials to all our schools. You’ll see community libraries and what do you call these places, internet cafés. You must just go and see what is happening. Those internet cafés are flooded. All community libraries are providing this service free of charge. So where people do not have access, go to a community library or community centres, people will assist you,” says Lesufi.
Click link below for more on the story: