The Chamber of Mines says it will not withdraw its court case against the Department of Mineral Resources even if the department gets a new minister.

It says they remain displeased with the revised mining charter and demands that the whole thing needs to be scrapped and redrafted.

The Chamber’s CEO Roger Baxter and members from his team were briefing the media earlier on Tuesday on the legal challenge of the mining charter at the Mining Indaba, in Cape Town.

The Chamber says it has also written to Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa to intervene.

“So this mining charter that was put by the minister, we made it clear that this mining charter, it does not drive transformation it drives the interest of a few. We have said no we want a different charter. We are pro transformation if you look at how we have complied in the first and second mining charter and we have demonstrated as an industry that we are willing to transform,” says Tebello Chabana from the Chamber of Mines.