Convicted Paralympian Oscar Pistorius will once again face off with the state as it attempts to have his six-year murder sentence increased to a harsher one.
A video of police officers dragging a naked woman believed to be a student at the University of Cape Town has caused an up-roar on social media.
Eastern Cape Transport Department has assured airline passengers between Mthatha and Johannesburg that technical problems that were experienced in the past two days have been resolved.
One mine worker has died and three others remain trapped underground at the Anglogold Ashanti's Mponeng mine near Carletonville - west of Johannesburg.
SABC management says striking employees could face disciplinary action for taking part in an "unprotected strike".
AfriForum is planning a march to the Union Buildings over farm murders following their Black Monday protest earlier this week .
Christopher Panayiotou has been found guilty of murdering his wife, Jayde.
Johannesburg's City Power is to lay criminal charges including against some of its sub-contractors for allegedly stealing R80 million worth of infrastructure.
Eskom's power cuts are having a negative impact on businesses around Sabie in Mpumalanga.
Communications Minister Mamoloko Kubayi says she has asked the board of the SABC to ensure that the strike by workers does not continue.
Judge Dayalin Chetty says a video used as evidence is admissible in the Panayiotou murder trial adding that middleman Luthando Siyoni was a willing participant.
The Department of Education in KwaZulu-Natal says its finalised preparations for memorial service of the four teachers who died in this week's taxi violence-related shooting at Ladysmith in the KwaZulu-Natal midlands.
The situation remains calm but tense in Dube - Soweto - following this morning's shooting incident believed to be between taxi groups WATA and NANDUWE.
Judgment on the trial of businessman and murder accused, Christopher Panayiotou is underway.
Areas in North Riding, Randburg, have been warned by authorities not to drink their household water.
The Madadeni High Court in Newcastle has sentenced an armed robber, who was part of a gang that shot two people dead and wounded others on a farm in Swart Umfolozi, to two life sentences.
A mediation process between the SABC Board and worker unions is due to start shortly.
Eight members of advocacy group #UniteBehindCoalition, including activist Zachie Achmat have called on all South Africans to join the campaign to have President Jacob Zuma arrested.
The case of a 45 year old man who allegedly raped his domestic worker and forced her to perform acts of bestiality will resume in the Bronkhorstspruit magistrates court Thursday morning.
The Eastern Cape Education MEC, Mandla Makuphula has sent his condolences to the family of a Grade 12 learner from Pangalele Senior Secondary School at Ngqeleni Village who died in a car accident on her way home from school.
The Hawks have arrested a 26-year-old suspect in Cape Town in connection with human trafficking. His arrest follows that of his brother, 37-year-old Edward Tambe Ayuk, in September. Hawks spokesperson Lloyd Ramovha says the pair allegedly recruited vulnerable women to work as sex-workers in their house in Brooklyn. He says a 16-year-old girl from Gugulethu, […]
The Gauteng Education Department has extended the online admission system for grades one and eight for the 2018 academic year.
Businessman and murder accused, Christopher Panayiotou will on Thursday know whether he has been found guilty for allegedly orchestrating the murder and abduction of his wife Jayde.
Learners who claim to have been sexually assaulted by a scholar patroller at the AB Xuma primary school in Soweto are being assessed to determine if they can testify in court when his trial begins.
The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) says although it is every worker’s right to go on strike, the no-work no-pay principle will apply to its striking employees. The public broadcaster’s staff affiliated to the Broadcasting, Electronic, Media and Allied Workers Union (Bemawu) is scheduled to embark on a strike action on Thursday. Both Bemawu and […]
More than 50 learners who allege to have been sexually assaulted by a scholar patroller at a primary school in Soweto are believed to have positively identified the accused as their alleged perpetrator.
Residents of Old Location in Elliot in the Eastern Cape want government intervention in addressing sanitation problems they are experiencing in the area.
Social Development Minister Bathabile Dlamini says South Africa Social Security Agency (Sassa) and the Post Office have agreed to have the National Treasury act as a mediator in their dispute regarding the payment of social grants.
The case of the Jesus Dominion International church leader, Timothy Omotoso, has been postponed to 5 December.
Ordinary South Africans must be the first beneficiaries of what the constitution dictates on service delivery. That's the view of former Public Protector Laurence Mushwana.