The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC) says it will be business as normal from Monday at its Radio Park building in Auckland Park, Johannesburg following a diesel leak last week.
All staff are due back at work after the building was declared safe on Sunday by the Johannesburg Fire Chief and officially handed the building back to the public broadcaster’s management.
SABC spokesperson Vuyo Mthembu says, “I can confirm that the Radio Park building has been declared safe by the Johannesburg EMS as well as the fire chief and the building has been handed back over to the SABC.”
“This declaration follows a final air sampling and health and safety inspection which took place yesterday (Sunday). SABC employees who work at the Radio Park building are expected back at work today (Monday) and there will be wellness staff on hand to provide any assistance in terms of health related examinations.”
“The SABC would like to extend its deepest gratitude to all the role-players who worked tirelessly to ensure that the clean-up happened and made sure that the building was safe for occupation.”
Click video below: